On this episode of OnPsych, we welcome Dr. Barbara Landau — Psychologist, Lawyer, Mediator, Arbitrator and trainer — to the podcast!
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Dr. Barbara Landau, C.M., Ph.D., LL.B., LL.M., is the president of “Separation Pathways,” a multi-disciplinary, client-centred, safe and affordable choice for families seeking a cooperative option outside court.
Dr. Landau is a leader in the field of mediation and family dispute resolution. She is devoted to improving access to justice for families and reducing unnecessary conflict for children experiencing separation.
Barbara’s longstanding commitment to supporting her community and peers is evident in her work – both past and present. A few of her former roles include:
· Executive member of the ADR Section of the Ontario Bar Association
· Vice President of the ADR Institute of Ontario
· President of the Ontario Association for Family Mediation
· Executive Board member of the Academy of Family Mediators (now ACR)
· Director of the Psychology Foundation of Canada, chairing the “In Place of Violence” Committee.
Notably, Dr. Landau was awarded the Order of Canada for her contribution to family law reform and as an advocate in Canada and internationally for interfaith cooperation, human rights, democracy, and peace.
You can learn more about Dr. Landau and her work by visiting: www.separationpathways.ca